There are Christians who are wilfully ignorant about the flat earth. Why is this? I can think of several reasons.
- They are afraid of what others will think
- They are mentally lazy and don’t want to do the work
- They don’t think it’s important for whatever reason
- They have another agenda – in short they are really not a Christian to begin with
I hope you are not one of the above. I understand if you don’t believe in the flat earth or if you never heard of the arguments about it. If the latter is the case, there is plenty of information right here for you to read and to consider.
This article will focus on those who do know that the earth is flat and what to watch out for for those who are not honest with themselves. If you are not convinced that the earth is flat – all well and good – as this article will be very helpful when you are dealing with others. By using the guideline below, you’ll know if the speaker is telling you the truth – not only on the flat earth topic but on ANY topic – biblical or secular. For, there are certain behaviors dishonest people are engaged in when they don’t want you to learn the truth. Knowing what they are, knowing what questions to ask and comments to make will keeping you from falling for a lie.
This article will focus on the flat earth but keep in mind it can be applied to any topic.
The person who is not honest about the flat earth will:
- not want you to read flat earth material
- not answer difficult questions
- engage in name calling
- argue on a minor topic
- will fret of the detail and ignore the main points
- need the answer to 100 questions when answering a couple of them will prove the point
- cut someone off in their talk
- insult you or insinuate that you are “stupid” in some way
- in any way become hostel to you when you don’t agree
- diverts the question or make light of it and moves on
- does not back up what he says with facts
I have seen a couple of these traits come up by a Christian who slams flat earth believers. Though this man knows his Bible in many other areas he is, in my opinion, wilfully ignorant when it come to the flat earth.
When a couple or more of the above behavior traits shows up, then you know you better check what the opposition has to say before you make your mind up. In the flat earth example, if you have already done your research and checked what the flat earthers have said, then just stand your ground.